Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Turmeric gives the rice its yellow color. Striking looking salad.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup long-grain rice (American Basmati)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions (both green and white parts)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell peppers
- In a saucepan, heat the oil over low heat.
- Add rice; stir to blend.
- Sprinkle with turmeric and cumin; stir to coat.
- Add in the water and salt; bring to a boil; stir once.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat, without stirring, for about 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Let the rice stand, uncovered, until cooled, about 20 minutes, do not stir.
- Meanwhile, to make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk the oil and lemon juice together.
- Add the dressing, green onions, and bell peppers to the cooled rice.
- Stir gently to combine and you are ready to serve.
Yummy! Very good salad and easy to make and perfect for lunch or barbecue.