Recipe by **Jubes**
Something a little different than regular plain rice.
Top Review by Baby Kato
This was a lovely rice Jubes. It was soft mellow and perfectly cooked. The perfect pairing for our red curried beef. The curry was hot and spicy while the rice was soft and subtle in flavor. They blended beautifully. Thanks for sharing your tasty recipe.
- 1 3⁄4 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 pinch saffron thread
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the rice in a large bowl of cold water for 30 minutes.
- Pour the rice into a strainer and rinse under cold running water to remove all excess starch. Rinse until the water runs through the rice clear.
- Place all ingredients into a large heavy based saucepan. Cover with the lid and bring to the boil. Stir occassionally.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer. Keep the saucepan covered and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- REmove from the heat and keep covered. Stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.