Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Amazing flavor, and so fun and easy to make. Great with rice and naan - don't expect any leftovers!
- 680.38 g chicken breast fillets, cubed
- flour, for dredging
- salt (for dredging)
- pepper (for dredging)
- 340.19 g baby carrots
- 354.88 ml baby potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml canola oil or 29.58 ml peanut oil
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 44.37-59.16 ml curry powder
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 4.92 ml ground ginger or 14.79 ml diced fresh gingerroot
- 9.85 ml peanut butter
- 425.24 g can chicken broth
- 368.54 g can coconut milk
- 59.14 ml water, t. cornstarch to thicken
- 9.85 ml cornstarch, to thicken
- chopped cilantro (to garnish)
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture and set aside.
- Heat oil to med-high temp; add onion and garlic and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for 5 minutes; add chicken; cook until chicken is lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Deglaze pan (off heat) with wine; return to med/low heat until liquid is reduced.
- Add potatoes and carrots.
- Stir in spices until well combined. Add peanut butter; stir until melted.
- Add chicken broth and coconut milk; bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to med low; add cornstarch slurry and simmer 20 minutes, or until potatoes and carrots are cooked through.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired, and serve with jasmine or basmati rice.
Im HOOKED! I didnt have white wine or cayenne pepper, but it still came out PERFECT. I'm very picky about curry and cant find this taste anywhere!! I cant wait to try it with the white wine and pepper added next time.