1/2 Photos of Yellow Chicken Curry
Amazing flavor, and so fun and easy to make. Great with rice and naan - don't expect any leftovers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast fillets, cubed
- flour, for dredging
- salt (for dredging)
- pepper (for dredging)
- 12 ounces baby carrots
- 1 1/2 cups baby potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 -4 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 tablespoon diced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons peanut butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (13 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water, t. cornstarch to thicken
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, to thicken
- chopped cilantro (to garnish)
- 1Dredge chicken in flour mixture and set aside.
- 2Heat oil to med-high temp; add onion and garlic and reduce heat to medium.
- 3Cook for 5 minutes; add chicken; cook until chicken is lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- 4Deglaze pan (off heat) with wine; return to med/low heat until liquid is reduced.
- 5Add potatoes and carrots.
- 6Stir in spices until well combined. Add peanut butter; stir until melted.
- 7Add chicken broth and coconut milk; bring mixture to a boil.
- 8Reduce heat to med low; add cornstarch slurry and simmer 20 minutes, or until potatoes and carrots are cooked through.
- 9Garnish with cilantro, if desired, and serve with jasmine or basmati rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yellow Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 761.9
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 675.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 56.4 g
- Protein 42.8 g