1/3 Photos of Yellow Chicken Curry
We have a Thai restaurant in town that makes the best yellow curry. I found they buy their curry paste at a local Asian market and that was the key to this recipe. A lot of curries have potatoes in them and you can certainly add it to this one but I prefer it with out. I serve with Naan flat bread to scoop it up with.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into pieces
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons yellow curry paste (you will need to add this a teaspoon at a time till you get the flavor you'd like. For mild use only)
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoot (drained)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup pineapple (drained, I like more)
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot (I leave these out, personal pref)
- 1 cup water
- 5 -8 basil leaves
- chopped cashews (to garnish)
- 4 -6 cups steamed jasmine rice
- 1In a stir fry pan mix 1 can coconut milk and the amount of curry you desire (start w/ half if you are unsure).
- 2Then add other can of milk and heat till boiling.
- 3Add the meat and continue to cook.
- 4When the meat is about 1/2 way done add the carrots and water and cook till carrots are tender.
- 5Add basil, pineapple, peas, and bamboo shoots and cook 2 more minutes.
- 6Serve over rice, and garnish with chopped cashews if you desire.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yellow Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (661 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1585.9
- Calories from Fat 331
- Total Fat 36.8 g
- Saturated Fat 31.8 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 266.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 269.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 109.9 g
- Protein 41.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
yellow curry paste