Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is an easy scratch cake to make, the only thing is it is a MUST to weigh the ingredients and follow the beating procedures. it seems like a lot of work, but it really isnt play with the flavors, see if you can create different flavors based on this mix. Remember, if adding syrups, reduce the sugar content and water to balance out the formula. get the sugar/water percentage of the syrup. Decrease your water by the amount of water in syrup. Decrease your sugar by the amount of sugar in your syrup.
- 16 ounces cake flour
- 3 1⁄2 ounces Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix, dry can be other flavor of your choice
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 8 ounces vegetable shortening, high ratio must be
- 14 ounces sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extract, butter flavor
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extract, almond flavor (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extract, optional additional flavor of your choice
- 3 eggs, larg room temptature
- 8 ounces warm water
- 5 ounces coffee creamer, non dairy dry flavor of your choice
- preheat oven 325, place oven rack to your 3 level.
- Collar (i do 2in above pan) and line your pans with parchment.
- whisk together cake flour, Jello dry pudding mix, baking soda. set aside.
- mix warm water and non dair creamer. whisk until creamer fully incorporated. set aside.
- Beat High Ratio Shortening on level 2-4 in your mixer for 2-3 minute.
- incorporate sugar, beat on level 2 for 3-5 minute will become pasty, scrape down the bowl.
- add extracts, one at a time. beat on level 2 for 3 minute scrape down the bowl half way through.
- increase speed to level 4 for 2-3 minute set back speed to level 2.
- add eggs, one at a time. make sure the egg is fully incorporated and the bowl has been scraped down before adding next egg.
- add flour mix and creamer mix in 3 parts. make sure the flour/creamer is fully incorporated and the bowl has been scraped down before you add the next part.
- place in two 9" rounds. be sure to collar (at least 2in. above pan) and line the bottom of your pan.
- bake for 30-45 minute.