Recipe by JustaQT
Fairly simple and so delicious!
Top Review by eightball1751
This is a good basic yellow cake for doing something else with, like frosting or strawberry short cake. It's not quite exceptional enough to stand on its own. It takes only one bowl - all ingredients are dumped in one, stir, bake. I used cake flour, and substituted margarine for the shortening. Maybe that, and the fact that I mixed it for more than 30 seconds, might account for why it is not as moist as I like. I think next time I'd add more butter and vanilla, give it a little more flavor. But it's a good basic yellow cake and certainly easy enough to make.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Beat all ingredients on low speed, scraping sides, 30 seconds.
- Beat on high 3 minutes.
- Pour into pans.
- Bake for 40- 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan; cool completely.