Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
this is the best pasta on Yellow Cab (Philippines) menu. this recipe is good for 8 to 10 servings.
- 1 whole boneless chicken breast
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml sesame oil
- 1 piece onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 18.48 ml char siu sauce (lee kum kee)
- 1.23 ml chili-garlic sauce
- 133.10 ml oyster sauce
- 28.39 ml sugar
- 59.16 ml water
- 1 kg cooked pasta
- peanuts (optional)
- Sauté onion and garlic in a little olive oil.
- Cook chicken until brown.
- Mix sesame oil, char siu sauce, oyster sauce, chili garlic, and sugar in a bowl.
- Add liquid mixture to chicken and simmer for a few minutes.
Thank you for this! I tried cooking it and it was really good. One thing to note though is that if you'd want to be spicy, you'll have to add more of the chilli garlic sauce and use more than just 1/4 teaspoon of it.
I'll cook this again! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Here's how my first Charlie Chan pasta went: http://ezpasta.blogspot.com/2011/07/how-to-make-yellow-cabs-charlie-chan.html
I followed the recipe but it seems it's still like not the one that I usually eat at yellow cab :( I'll try find out what's missing and make it same like yellow cab's.
This a good recipe! Just add dried mushrooms or shitake! Btw you need to change the measurements depending on your taste. I altered some. I ll do this again! Yum yum. my husband loved it. Thank you!