Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This beautiful cold soup can be prepared 1 day ahead.
Make and share this Yellow Bell Pepper Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Cover and refrigerate 1/2 cup of the chopped bell pepper.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add remaining bell pepper, onion, garlic, thyme, and bay leaf and saute until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add wine and turmeric; bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Add 3 cups broth, reduce heat, and simmer until vegetables are very tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Puree the soup in batches in a blender or food processor.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate soup until cold, about 2 hours.
- If your soup is too thick for your taste, thin it with some more chicken broth.
- Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with reserved 1/2 cup bell pepper and cilantro.