Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Elegant side dish to serve with barbecued chicken.
- 1 lb zucchini, sliced diagonally and julienned
- 1 lb yellow squash, sliced diagonally and julienned
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely diced
- 8 fluid ounces champagne or 8 fluid ounces white wine
- 5 tablespoons vinegar
- 10 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 bunch Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Chop the shallots and put them into a saucepan.
- Add the champagne or wine, vinegar and olive oil, and then bring to a boil.
- Reduce for about five minutes.
- Add the chopped parsley.
- Place the julienned squash in a large glass or metal bowl, and then pour in dressing, toss well, and let sit for five minutes.