1/1 Photo of Yeast Waffles
The Giggle Box's Note:
I got this recipe from Cook's Illustrated. I haven't tried it yet - but it looks yummy. Since I haven't made this recipe yet, I am guessing on the cook and prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat butter and milk together in a small pan until butter is melted (about 3 to 5 minutes).
- 2Cool milk mixture until it is warm to the touch.
- 3In a separate bowl, whisk flour, sugar, salt and yeast together.
- 4Gradually add warm milk mixture to flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- 5In a separate small bowl, whisk eggs and vanilla; then add to the butter/flour mix.
- 6Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- 7When you are ready to make the waffles, preheat the waffle iron.
- 8Once the iron is hot, remove the waffle mix from the fridge (batter will be doubled in size and foamy).
- 9Whisk batter until smooth- it will deflate.
- 10Spoon 1/2 cup onto hot waffle iron and cook until waffles are crisp.
- 11Serve immediately or keep warm in a low temperature oven.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yeast Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (920 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.3
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 96.5 mg
- Sodium 499.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 7.9 g