Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love this recipe and the odd part is you use a yellow cake mix. Works wonderful.
Make and share this Yeast Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Beat in the flour, dry cake mix and salt (do not knead).
- Place in a greased bowl.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide in half.
- Roll each portion into a 12 inch circle; cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- Roll up, beginning at the wide end; place point side down on greased baking sheets.
- Brush with butter.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 25 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Have made these twice now, they are easy and very yummy! Anyone one make them. Instead of making crescent rolls, I spooned the batter into muffin tins, let them rise a seciond time and made dinner rolls. Much easier and less time consuming, just as good .
Made these to go with thanksgiving dinner. Everyone liked them very much, thanks for posting!
The guys all loved these rolls. They are sweet but not overly sweet. They would be the perfect base for a breakfast danish filled with cream cheese and drizzled with icing. They were a nice accompaniment to our dinner and unfortunately there were none left over to try the breakfast idea! Thanks Carolinafan!