Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
These are good. You might think it stange adding cake mix to rolls but it does work.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups water (110-115 degrees)
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 0.5 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water in a large bowl. Beat the flour, cake mix and salt, do not knead.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, turning to coat the surface. Let rise, covered in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Spoon into a greased muffin cup, filling 1/2 full. Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- I find brushing the tops with a little melted butter or marg helps them stay soft.
These were ok. Thought the cake mix might be interesting, and was pressed for time. I couldn't get past the 'sugarless cupcake' flavor. I was able to cover that up somewhat by buttering them though, which made them taste better.
We just tried these! We thought they were great! I made 24 and my 8yr. old ate about 6.