Recipe by Kim1
These are good. You might think it stange adding cake mix to rolls but it does work.
Top Review by ChipotleChick
These were ok. Thought the cake mix might be interesting, and was pressed for time. I couldn't get past the 'sugarless cupcake' flavor. I was able to cover that up somewhat by buttering them though, which made them taste better.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups water (110-115 degrees)
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 0.5 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water in a large bowl. Beat the flour, cake mix and salt, do not knead.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, turning to coat the surface. Let rise, covered in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Spoon into a greased muffin cup, filling 1/2 full. Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- I find brushing the tops with a little melted butter or marg helps them stay soft.