Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I use my sweet dough Kittencal's Sweet Dough but you can use your own sweet dough recipe, or use a purchased frozen bread dough, thawed and at room temperature for this. This can also be made in an angel food baking pan that has been generously coated with cooking spray. Prep time does not include making the sweet dough.
- sweet roll dough (dough must be at room temperature)
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Generously grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan (or an angel food pan).
- Cut the dough into 20 even pieces then shape into small balls (just a bit smaller than a golf ball).
- In a bowl mix together both sugars with cinnamon (if using).
- Dip each ball of dough into the melted butter, then coat in the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Place the ball in the loaf pan.
- Repeat with remaining dough balls, stacking up the balls of dough in the pan (the balls will stack on top of each other).
- Sprinkle the top with a bit of sugar mixture.
- Cover and let rise until the balls are just over the top of the pan (about 50 minutes to 1 hour, it will depend on the temperature of your room).
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Let cool in the pan then unmold.