Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
To serve this dessert / brunch dish sprinkle with chopped pistachio nuts and serve warm with yoghurt. Makes 28 pancakes.
- 200 g caster sugar
- 300 ml water
- 5 cardamom pods, seeds of, ground
- 3 slices lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 310 ml warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 7 g sachet dried yeast
- 250 ml milk, warmed
- 225 g flour
- 100 g semolina
- butter, for cooking
- To make the syrup:.
- Combine all ingredients except lemon juice in saucepan.
- Bring slowly to boil sirring as necessary to dissolve sugar.
- Simmer until mixture thickens to a heavy syrup.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Allow to cool.
- To make pancakes:.
- Put 60ml water in large bowl and add sugar and yeast.
- Leave until mixture is frothy (10 minutes).
- Add rest of the water and milk and then slowly stir in flour and semolina.
- Beat well until batter is smooth.
- Leave batter to rise 1 hour.
- Heat butter in heavy pan and ladle in batter to form small rounds.
- Cook until hole appear on top (5 minutes), turn over and cook until lightly golden brown.
- Dip each pancake in syrup.
- Serve and enjoy!