Recipe by AmyZoe
This recipe is from Taste of Home/Dorothy Smith. The pancakes are golden and thicker than a traditional pancake, and they are really good. Keep in mind, the cooking time doesn't include the time for the yeast to rise.
Top Review by Boomette
Wonderful pancakes! I loved the taste. It taste like bread. So easy to eat like that without nothing. I made them tonight for tomorrow morning. I know they'll be as good with maple syrup or another sweet topping. Thanks AmyZoe :) Made for PAC Spring 2011
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 ounce fast rise yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups warm milk (120 to 130)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, yeast, sugar, and salt.
- Add milk, eggs, and butter and beat for 2 minutes.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled (about 30 minutes).
- Pour batter by 1/2 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle.
- Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes.
- Cook until second side is golden brown.