Recipe by SassyMom3
This makes a crust for one medium homemade pizza, mmmm good!!!! Be sure all your ingredients are at room temperature. :)
Top Review by dogsandwoods
Have been feeling tired and not wanting to cook; then I found this recipe. Before DH could say, "Let's go out and eat" this crust was in the oven. This was excellent! The only change was using mozzarella in place of the ricotta. I was able to roll this (in the pan) to get a fairly thin crust. Thank you for posting! P.S. I would say that this serves 2-3 people.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 milk
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 roma tomato, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the dry ingredients first, add the milk, then mix together with.
- your hands. When it's at the right consistency, the dough will easily.
- come away from the side of the bowl and form a ball.
- Press onto a non-stick cookie sheet or pizza pan. Bake the crust for 10-12 minutes in a 400 degree oven. Remove pan out of oven.
- For Garlic Oil Sauce, puree ingredients in a blender and store in a small covered jar.
- Put on garlic oil, spread it as thin as you like.
- In a small bowl, mix the grated Parmesan and chopped basil. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the desired cheese, arrange the tomato slices in a single layer over the cheese. Sprinkle with the Parmesan Mixture.
- Evenly top with ricotta cheese.
- Bake for another 15 minutes or until heated through.