1. Sprinkle yeast on warm water in large mixing bowl and stir to dissolve. Allow to sit about 5 minutes.
2. Combine Milk, Sugar, Salt, Eggs and Butter and mix together well. Add to the Yeast mixture.
3. Add 2 cups flour and mix on MED. for 2 minute scraping the sides of the bowl. Then gradually add 3 more cups, mixing on HIGH speed for about 3 minute until dough begins to form and pull from the sides of the bowl.
4. Turn the soft dough onto a clean, well floured surface and begin kneading for about 10 minute adding up to 2 cups of flour until a soft, pliable dough forms and is easily rubbed from the hands. Continue kneading -- using less flour will keep the dough light.
5. Place into a well buttered / greased bowl turning once to coat and allow to rise about 2 hours, until doubled in size. (Dough is finished when indentation from finger remains when pressed).
6. Punch down the dough, shape as desired and allow to rise for 20-30 minutes. While rising, heat oil in deep fryer or dutch oven. Fry each doughnut about 1 minute per side (depending on the desired color) and remove from oil and drain. Gloze / Coat as desired or fill with cream or jelly.