Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Passed down for several generations--our family has used this recipe for everything from cloverleaf rolls to fried bread. It also works as a loaf. If frying the dough, flour hands and pat into pancake size disks. Drop into 1/2" heated oil. Turn when browned. Slice open and serve with butter.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water (according to package directions).
- Mix all remaining ingredients except flour in a large bowl.
- Add yeast.
- Gradually add flour.
- Grease another large bowl.
- Place dough in greased bowl and let rise.
- Bake 425°F for 12 - 15 minutes.