3 hrs 30 mins
Chef #1141639's Note:
I've tried many (including the Krispy creame copycat) and this one came out the best. I've found that adding the right amount of salt is really important if the donuts are going to be tossed in cinnamon sugar or iced. Krapfen or Paczki are good to I've found but the dough is much richer and the final product is more like a Croissant. If you follow the recipe exactly it should turn out good -from book Professional Baking by Gisslen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Normal dough Procedure:.
- 2Mix yeast with a little water for about 15 minutes
- 3Mix sugar, salt, milk powder and eggs together.
- 4Add rest of water (should be warm), yeast mixture and the egg mixture slowly to the flour. mix for a few minutes then add softened butter. Knead for about 10 minutes.
- 5Let dough rise until doubled in size.
- 6Punch down and deflate dough, if its too sticky knead lightly.
- 7Allow dough to relax for 5 minutes.
- 8Roll out to 1.2 cm or .5 inch. Cut out shapes. Reroll excess scrap.
- 9Place on a floured tray and allow to rise until approximately doubled in bulk. Depending on temperature this may take a few hours.
- 10Fry at 190deg C, using two spoons to flip donuts over.
- 11Well risen donuts should have a white band around the middle.
- 12When cool roll in cinnamon sugar or ice with glaze:.
- 13Icing Sugar.
- 14Cocoa (optional).
- 151/2 tsp butter.
- 16Boiling Water.
- 17for vanilla glaze add 1/2 tsp vanilla essence.
- 18Add icing sugar until consistency is correct.
- 19Store in Freezer.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yeast Donuts
Serving Size: 1 (1507 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.0
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 27.9 mg
- Sodium 259.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 5.5 g