1/4 Photos of Yeast Corn Rolls
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook, or a food processor, combine the yeast, water, and 1 teaspoons of the sugar and let stand until bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- 2Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar, the butter, buttermilk, egg, salt, and 3/4 cup of the cornmeal; blend well.
- 3Stir in enough flour (start with about 2 cups) to make a soft dough.
- 4On a lightly floured board or in the mixer or food processor, knead the dough until smooth and elastic, 7 to 10 minutes by hand, 5 minutes in a mixer, or 40 seconds in the food processor.
- 5Add more flour as needed to keep the dough from sticking.
- 6*At this point the dough can be stored.
- 7Place in a 1-gallon food storage bag, push out all of the air, and secure with a twist tie, leaving room at the end for expansion.
- 8Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- 9Transfer to a large, lightly greased bowl, turn to coat with the grease, rise in a warm, draft-free place until doubled in bulk-about 1 hour.
- 10Punch the dough down and roll it out 1/2 inch thick on a lightly floured surface.
- 11Cut into eighteen 3-inch rounds and set 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- 12Cover with dry towels and let rise until almost doubled in bulk, 35 to 45 minutes.
- 13Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 14Sprinkle the rolls lightly with the remaining 2 tbsp of cornmeal and bake until golden brown, 17 to 20 minutes.
- 15Makes 18 roll.
- 16•Serving later:.
- 17Let the dough sit at room temperature for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- 18Knead a few turns on a lightly floured board, then proceed starting with punching down the dough and rolling 1/2 inch thick on a lightly floured surface.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yeast Corn Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (959 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.9
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.8 mg
- Sodium 165.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 3.6 g