Recipe by Dib's
Sort of half roll, half biscuit-great on either side you butter it!
Top Review by old guy cooking
great recipe ,dough is fantastic and e-z to work with
taste is wonderful with a little butter yumm-o.
I dont usually change anything untill i try it,and the
only thing I changed was I used a 4 inch cutter and made bigger biscuits.good job Dib's
- 3 1⁄4 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl dissolve the yeast in water.
- Add the sugar, butter, milk, eggs, salt and whole wheat flour.
- Beat to smooth.
- Add enough unbleached flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface, knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1& 1/2 hours.
- Punch down dough and divide in half.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
- On a floured surface roll out 1/2 of the dough to 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut with a 2-3 inch biscuit cutter.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheets.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
- You want them golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place in a cloth lined basket or cool on a wire rack.