Recipe by IAteMyGluestick
I was amazed that there were no recipes on zaar for jams that you can make in your bread machine! This is from my bread machine manual. Only for if you have a jam program on your bread machine! I just tried this out today because I am going to make an assortment of jams for Christmas gifts, and it was quite good. I would recommend using no more than the amount of spices listed - it is very strong. Also, I read that you should only use low-sugar pectin recipes in the bread machine. I didn't cut up the peach slices in the first batch I made, so in the second, I cut them up pretty small because the agitator doesn't do much to chop them up, like they normally would if you were stirring it constantly in a pot.
Top Review by laura.e.shepard
I like the versatility of the recipe. I have made this recipe twice now. The first time, I followed the instructions exactly but I found the jam to be too spiced and not peachy enough. The second time, I used a mix of thawed peaches, pineapple, and mango. I subbed out about 1/4 cup white sugar for brown sugar and added about 1/8 tsp cardamom powder instead of the cloves and nutmeg. The jam worked great! It has a lovely consistency and is very fruity. Next time I'll up the cardamom and maybe add some orange rind.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons low-sugar light fruit pectin
- 4 cups thawed frozen sliced peaches
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Attach kneading blade in the bread pan.
- Place ingredients into the bread pan in the following order: sugar, pectin, peaches, cloves, nutmeg, and lemon juice.
- Place bread pan in bread machine and close lid.
- Plug bread machine in and select "jam" program.
- Press start.
- When jam cycle is complete, open lid and using oven mitts, take pan out of bread maker - BE CAREFUL! IT'S VERY HOT!
- Let jam cool.
- Carefully pour jam into container(s) and cover and refrigerate to set.
- Jam will keep in refrigerator for 2-3 weeks. Canning is a good idea too!