Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
All you need is a cast dutch oven with domed lid, some pre-made stew and biscuits.... and a nice bed of coals. Twiddle with the recipe and it becomes anything you want! Add red wine, onions, garlic, pasta... whatever. Prep. time doesn't include the time it takes to get the coals in the first place.
- 2 (24 ounce) cans beef stew
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated biscuits
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- aluminum foil
- When your campfire had created a good hot bed of coals, line the cast dutch oven with foil. Spray with the cooking spray to cover foil.Empty the stew into the popot. Arrange the pre-made buscuits on top of the stew.
- Cover the oven and set in the coals. Place more coals on the lid.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the stew is hot and the buscuits are done.
- Ladle out and enjoy.