Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Vegetable dishes like this are served on one huge sourdough pancake, called an injeera. The veggies are dolloped on the huge injeera and a breadbasket of smaller injeeras are at hand to be torn into bits so that the veggies can be picked up with it. Can be served hot or cold
- 1 lb collard greens
- 1 cup red onion (chopped)
- 4 medium green peppers, sliced in strips
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic (peeled and chopped)
- 16 ounces oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash collard greens, boil in medium pan until soft.
- Remove from heat, drain, and cut into small pieces. Set aside.
- Wash green peppers, remove seeds, slice lengthwise and set aside.
- In the medium pan, cook onions over a low heat until brown adding a little water to prevent sticking and burning.
- Add oil. Add collard greens and cook until water disappears.
- Add all the spices and stir gently. One at a time, add the green pepper slices about 10 minutes before removing from heat.
- Serve hot or cold.