Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
From a Pillsbury cookbook years ago.
- In a small saucepan, heat beer and margarine until very warm (105-115°F).
- Pour into mixing bowl.
- Add yeast from hot roll mix; dissolve.
- Add mix, egg, and sugar; mix well.
- Place in a greased bowl.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and cloth towel.
- Let rise in a warm place until light and doubled in size, about 45-60 minutes.
- Grease 8x4-inch loaf pan.
- Punch dough down.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough for 2 minutes, until smooth.
- Shape dough into a loaf; place in prepared pan.
- Score the top with a sharp knife in a criss-cross pattern.
- Cover; let rise in warm place until light and doubled in size, 35-45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and the loaf sounds hallow when lightly tapped.
- Brush top with a little butter.