Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Delicious for young and old. Freezes well. Great for all occasions!!!!
- 1 lb minced beef or 1 lb minced veal
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 -6 tablespoons brown sugar, to taste
- Add breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder and egg to minced meat (if you wish, you can add a bit of water) Roll into balls and set aside Brown diced onions in olive oil until golden in large skillet with a lid Brown the balls and gently turn them until evenly browned.
- During this step you can keep skillet covered, which prevents the balls from sticking.
- Add soup, paste, lemon juice, brown sugar and cover.
- Cook on low heat, mixing occasionally for 90 min.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice (recipe can be easily doubled or tripled).
This is wonderful! I use this recipe all of the time, it is a favorite with everyone I have ever made it for.