Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
This creamy layered matzah bake is to die for. It's a chol ha moed classic in my family, but I crave it all year round!
- Combine milk, ricotta cheese, eggs, salt and pepper and 1 cup of sour cream in a medium sized bowl. Set remaining sour cream aside to serve with prepared matzo lasagna.
- Grease a baking dish with margarine.
- Cover bottom of baking dish with a single layer of matzah. Spoon 1/3 of the mixture over matzah and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Repeat twice, ending off with shredded cheese.
- Bake covered at 350°F for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for a further 15-20 minutes until top is bubbly and golden.
- Serve hot, topped with a dollop of sour cream.
I found this recipe to be unclear. Under ingredients it calls for ten matzos, however if you read the directions it only calls for three to be used in the recipe. I used three. The "filling" was extremely soupy and the matzos all floated to the top as it baked. Once baked the lasagna had about an inch of watery fluid left in the bottom of the casserole dish. Also, there was no mention of what size baking dish to use. I would like to try the recipe again. Could you provide some clarification Kosher T?