Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Not quite pancakes, not quite omelets, these unique green bean fritters are delicious and nutritious! A great side dish for lunch or brunch!
- 1 lb green beans, julienned and steamed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons oil (for frying)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Steam julienned green beans until just done. Do not over-cook.
- Whisk eggs and mix in milk, flour, salt and pepper.
- Add cheese and green beans.
- Heat oil in non-stick pan.
- Drop pancake-sized portions of mixture into the pan. The oil should be hot enough so that the fritter will sizzle. Leave on this side until the fritter looks done around the edges.
- Turn only once, using a good spatula so as not to break up the fritter.
- Place on a paper towel before serving in order to drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream. Delicious!
Very nice texture but not much taste. I added a lot more salt and soft peri-peri. Next time I'll add fried onions and garlic as well