Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delicious Senegalese Dish. From Caribbean and African Cookbook. I haven't tried this yet but I plan to very soon.
- 5 lbs chicken pieces, skinned and washed
- 1 1⁄4 cups lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut oil
- 3 onions, sliced
- 2 sprigs thyme
- red pepper, to taste
- 2 cups water
- 4 bay leaves
- Mix the lemon juice, the vinegar, half the oil, the onions and pour on
- the chicken pieces in a bowl. Marinate overnight, or longer. Remove the
- chicken and the onions from the marinade. Brown the chicken on both
- sides. Fry the onions in the remaining oil for a few minutes. Add the
- marinade, thyme, hot pepper, water and bay leaves. Simmer on medium heat
- for about 10'. Return the chicken to the sauce and cook until done, about
- half an hour.
- Serve with rice or couscous.