1/2 Photos of Yan's Marbled Tea Eggs
48 hrs 5 mins
Krsi Sue's Note:
These are best if you let them sit in the refrigerator up to 2 days to allow the juices to soak into the eggs. I just cut open tea bags, since I don't have bulk tea. All passive time is cooking & cooling. Very pretty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Gently tap the shells on the eggs all over to form cracks all over. Do NOT remove shells.
- 2Mix together all ingredients, except eggs and bring to a gentle boil for 15 minutes.
- 3Remove sauce from the heat, and place the eggs in the pan. Add enough water to cover the eggs.
- 4Return sauce and eggs to heat, and simmer covered for 1 hour.
- 5Remove from heat and place saucepan in the refrigerator overnight or for up to 2 days.
- 6Peel the eggs just before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yan's Marbled Tea Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.7
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 2084.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black tea leaves
Chinese five spice powder