- 1 (16 ounce) packageuncooked orzo pasta
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained with juice reserved
- 1 cup mandarin orange segments, drained and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain.
- In a sauce pan, combine the sugar, eggs, flour, salt, pineapple juice and cook over medium heat until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Toss together the pasta and cooked pineapple juice mixture.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Break up chilled pasta with a spoon and mix in pineapple, mandarin oranges and cherries.
- Fold in thawed whipped topping, chill and serve.