Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I live in the south, but I'm from the north. This potato salad pleases both regions! Cooking time includes cooling time.
- 5 lbs red potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- black pepper
- Boil the potatoes whole for about 20-30 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork. Drain and cool completely.
- Large dice the potatoes( or slice in rounds). Plece in a bowl with enough room for stirring.
- Add the remaining ingrdients, using salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir and chill until ready to serve.
- Feel free to add more sour cream if salad seems dry.
This tastes just like the potato salad I enjoyed so much from the (now closed) Harbor House restaurant before you were born! Very tasty and the sour cream and dill are the perfect touch. Thanks very much for sharing your recipe Jean. I love it! Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2011.
I guess I'm just too much of a die-hard Yankee to go head-over-heels for something so different from any potato salad I've ever had. But once I just enjoyed it for the refreshing taste treat it was, I really did find it to be very good. Made for PAC Fall 2009
I really like the combo of flavors here, especially the dill and sour cream. And I like that it's not too heavy on the mayo. I added just a little more sour cream to it (non fat). Yum!