Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Rich, hearty and loaded with very flavorful broth.
Make and share this Yankee Pot Roast recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add Chuck Roast to large roasting pan and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Add 1/2 cup water.
- Pour small amount of soy sauce over the roast.
- Cover and put in oven for 2 hours.
- Quarter potatoes (with or without skin).
- Clean mushrooms carefully, leave whole.
- Quarter carrots length wise.
- Dice Onions.
- Add potatoes, onions, and carrots to pan and cover with the mushooms. Pour remaining soy sauce over everything.
- Cook another hour and serve.
This produced a very tender pot roast with a nice assortment of roasted vegetables. I love Yankee Pot Roast, but I have never used soy sauce and have never included mushrooms. I thought these 2 additions were quite nice.