Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A heartwarming dish from the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 1⁄2 pints oysters, shucked
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits (or use the baking powder drop biscuit recipe of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the oysters and their liquor (juice) in a buttered baking dish.
- Mix the cornstarch well with the cold water; stir into oysters.
- Add melted butter, lemon juice and season with salt and paprika to taste.
- Cut biscuits into quarters and place evenly over top (if using your own recipe, spoon evenly over top).
- Bake for about 25 minutes.