Pa. Hiker's Note:
Soft, moist, chocolate cupcakes with a special center.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan set over low heat, or in the microwave, melt together the chocolate chips and butter, stirring till smooth.
- 2In a separate bowl, beat together the salt, vanilla, and the eggs, beating till smooth.
- 3Add the confectioners sugar, and beat again till smooth; the mixture will start to build in volume.
- 4Add the chocolate mixture, then the flour, stirring till smooth; the batter will be a light hot cocoa color.
- 5Use vegetable oil pan spray to heavily grease 18 muffin or cupcake cups (3 6-cake pans).
- 6Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling them right to the brim.
- 7Refrigerate the cakes till they're thoroughly chilled; I refrigerated mine for 3 hours, though longer would be fine, too.
- 8Preheat your oven to 450°F. Bake the cakes for 13 minutes exactly!
- 9An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center will read in excess of 165°F when I measured it, the temperature had risen to 185°F and was still climbing.
- 10If you don't have a thermometer, poke open the top of one cake with a sharp knife tip; you should see molten batter inside.
- 11However, the cake should also appear well-set all around the edges.
- 12When you've determined they're done, remove the cakes from the oven, and set the pan on a rack.
- 13Set your timer for 5 minutes; when the timer goes off, run a dull (butter) knife around the edge of each, and very carefully lift them onto a serving tray or onto individual serving plates.
- 14Serve immediately, with whipped cream, ice cream, and/or raspberries, and/or hot fudge sauce, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yankee Mud Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (1317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.4
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 110.9 mg
- Sodium 66.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 28.3 g
- Protein 4.2 g