Recipe by Michelle Berteig
I haven't tried this recipe yet but hope to soon!
Top Review by Chef MB
My family has enjoyed this recipe for years! It's quick and easy, and you can use whole wheat flour. I used the larger amount of maple syrup and skip the butter at the end. We love the taste, especially with something like green chili stew. Not too sweet, good crumb, rises well. Love it!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or use paper liners.
- Mix flour, corn meal, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk eggs and brown sugar in another bowl until smooth. Add milk and maple syrup and whisk to mix. Pour over dry ingredients and add half of the melted butter. Mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Scoop into prepared muffin cups. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and firm in the center. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes and brush tops with remaining melted butter.