Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I thought this was the northern way of doing it since my parents were from Boston, but then my aunt told me no, it was just a family thing. Oh well, that's how I think of it and what we always called it. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 (16 ounce) box elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 (48 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (2 lb) package Velveeta cheese
- 1 (5 ounce) can French fried onions rings (French's or Durkee)
- Cook Macaroni according to directions on box. Drain.
- While it's cooking, heat tomato juice in a large pan and add the velveeta cut into about 24 large chunks. Stir till velveeta is melted.
- Put macaroni in a deep casserole dish- pour cheese mixture over macaroni.
- Top with French's Fried Onion rings.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350.
- *note - I have no idea what the ounces are on the can of french fried onion rings - the normal soup can size is the one I'm talking about.
A nice twist on macaroni. Made for everyday tag.