Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Not for weight watchers! This recipe comes from the Benjamin Prescott Inn.
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked crisp and then crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cook the grits according to package directions.
- Over low heat, add the salt, butter, and cheese and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and let cool for several minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat 2 of the eggs until foamy; stir thoroughly into the grits.
- Pour into a 2 quart casserole.
- Set aside about 1/2 cup of the bacon crumbles and sprinkle the remaining bacon over the mixture.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the remaining 4 eggs with the half and half and parsley and pour this over the bacon and grits.
- Bake until golden for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Top with reserved bacon and serve hot.