Recipe by -JL-
Sausage & pepperoni added in gives this pasta dish a scrumptious change of pace. Fantastic for pot luck. Throw some shredded mozzarella cheese in, give it a stir and viòla! (Even better if you make it a day before you want to serve it, then just reheat in the oven.)
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
My family went crazy over this and it was so easy! I doubled the recipe so I could freeze one tray for later. I guess this is called goulash because you kind of add whatever you have in the fridge and that worked for me! I had leftover pepperoni (sliced) and had sauce and cooked sausage (3 pieces) in the freezer, so all I had to do was defrost and slice after boiling the pasta. I wasn't sure how much mozzarella cheese to use, so I used a TOTAL of 16 ounces. This worked great and was cheesy enough for us. Thanks a lot for sharing! P.S. The only thing I changed was I used less garlic...only because there was already a lot in my sauce and I did not use the optional ingredients.
- 12 -16 ounces ziti pasta or 12 -16 ounces rotelle pasta, cooked
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (any flavor)
- 1 cooked sausage (can also use links)
- 2 packages shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (from can is fine)
- 1⁄4 lb chopped pepperoni (or about 1-2 cups depending on your taste)
- sauteed mushroom (optional)
- peas or black beans or chickpeas (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in a large pot until"al-dente" (still slightly firm) and drain water. (Don't rinse).
- At the same time pasta is cooking, cook sausage until no longer pink.
- DO NOT DRAIN SAUSAGE.
- In the pot which pasta was cooked, pour spaghetti sauce, sausage with drippings, pepperoni, garlic powder, mushrooms & parmesan cheese. Then add still hot pasta & cheese.
- Stir until all pasta is coated w/sauce. Cheese will melt from the heat of the pasta. Serve...... OR:
- Pour this into casserole dish & cover with more mozzerella cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with a fresh loaf of bread & salad!
- ** I also like to throw in either some canned black beans, peas, or chickpeas every now and then just to give it a kick.