Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is how I made chili on 31/1/2013 in the slow cooker
- 1 kg ground beef
- 1600 g canned diced tomatoes
- 800 g canned kidney beans
- 800 g canned borlotti beans
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot ground red chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- Pre cook ground beef by browning it in a frying pan.
- Puree' 800g of the diced tomatoes in blender.
- DO NOT DRAIN beans or canned tomatoes.
- Put everything in a 5-6qt slow cooker on high for 6-8 hours.
- Please note cups and spoons are in metric measure.
- Adjust chilli amount according to taste.