1/1 Photo of Yankee-est Pot Roast
4 hrs 15 mins
The meat falls apart and melts in your mouth....veggies taste sweet as candy with the addition of sweet basil. A great Sunday dinner :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 -4 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced into chunks
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1Rub garlic into roast and coat all over with flour.
- 2In a large dutch oven, brown roast over medium high heat in oil.
- 3Add tomato juice, carrots, onions, bay leaves, basil, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer for about 3 hours, turning meat occasionally.
- 5Add potatoes and simmer an additional 30 minutes, or until fork tender.
- 6Remove bay leaves and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yankee-est Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (523 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1254.4
- Calories from Fat 727
- Total Fat 80.7 g
- Saturated Fat 28.8 g
- Cholesterol 234.7 mg
- Sodium 1023.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 69.6 g