Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a meatloaf recipe that I got from a friend who I used to work with. It is an awesome recipe and gets your protein and veggies in at the same time. I haven't found a receipe for meatloaf yet that is better than this one.
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 slices bread, crumbled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded raw carrot
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard (I use dry)
- Beat eggs lightly, add milk, salt, pepper and bread.
- Mix until bread is disintergrated.
- Add onion, carrot, cheese and beef. Mix well.
- Put into a 9x5" loaf pan.
- Combine brown sugar, ketchup and mustard. Spread over loaf.
- Bake at 350oF for 1 hour.
- Note: I sometimes don't put in as much cheese or use low-fat. Also, I use dry mustard rather than the prepared mustard.
The taste of this meatloaf is good. But I didn't like the texture. It's too moist. I would use less bread another time. I like the addition of carrot and cheese. The little sauce on top is great. Thanks Chef Burnt. Made for Top Favorites of 2008 tag game
Great meatloaf!! Who would have thought that shredded carrots would add so much flavor and moisture. The entire family loved it. DD ate three helpings and my picky DS said "Mom this deserves a kiss!" :) This will be our family recipe from now on. Thanks burnt toast.