Recipe by Chef burnt toast
This is a meatloaf recipe that I got from a friend who I used to work with. It is an awesome recipe and gets your protein and veggies in at the same time. I haven't found a receipe for meatloaf yet that is better than this one.
Top Review by Boomette
The taste of this meatloaf is good. But I didn't like the texture. It's too moist. I would use less bread another time. I like the addition of carrot and cheese. The little sauce on top is great. Thanks Chef Burnt. Made for Top Favorites of 2008 tag game
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 slices bread, crumbled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded raw carrot
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard (I use dry)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs lightly, add milk, salt, pepper and bread.
- Mix until bread is disintergrated.
- Add onion, carrot, cheese and beef. Mix well.
- Put into a 9x5" loaf pan.
- Combine brown sugar, ketchup and mustard. Spread over loaf.
- Bake at 350oF for 1 hour.
- Note: I sometimes don't put in as much cheese or use low-fat. Also, I use dry mustard rather than the prepared mustard.