Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A vegetarian version. From Cooking Light. Per 1 cup serving: 348 calories, 8.l5 g fat, 11 g protein, 55 g carb, 4.9 g fiber, 141 mg cholesterol.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten and divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 1 dash salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups cooked short-grain white rice, chilled
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Add in half the eggs; swirl to coat the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Sprinkle w/ 1/8 teaspoon pepper and a dash of salt; cook 3 minutes or until eggs are done.
- Remove egg from pan; thinly slice and set aside.
- Wipe the pan clean using a paper towel.
- Heat 4 teaspoons oil in skillet over med-high heat.
- Add in 1 cup onions, ginger, and garlic; stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Add in remaining eggs and rice; stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Stir in half of egg strips, 3/4 cup onions, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and peas; stir-fry 30 seconds; combine well.
- Top with remaining egg strips and cilantro.