This fried rice has no soy sauce...a delightful change..Be sure and use rice that has been cooked and thoroughly cooled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon light sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled deveined (16-20 count)
- 3 eggs, beaten and scrambled in large curds
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 -4 teaspoons dried red chilies or 2 -4 teaspoons szechuan peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1Place a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat and when it is hot, add the oil.
- 2Add the ginger and garlic and cook until lightly carmelized, about 1 minute.
- 3Add the bell pepper, and red onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- 4At this point, I add the frozen peans, ham and shrimp and cook, stirring constantly -- for a couple of minutes.
- 5Then I add the eggs and rice and keep moving ingredients around.I never leave the rice stick to the sides of the pan.
- 6Then you can add the scallions, spices, salt and pepper, continuing to stir until heated completely 4-6 minutes.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yang Chow Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.6
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 175.4 mg
- Sodium 770.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 20.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder