1/2 Photos of Yams With Streusel Topping
Sydney Mike's Note:
The original of this recipe came from a friend of mine sometime within the past several years, & I've tinkered with it a bit! Since canned yams COULD be used, the preparation time does not include time needed to prepare the yams!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE YAM FILLING
- 3 cups yams, unpeeled, chopped, cooked & mashed
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can peach slices, drained
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup whole milk (or heavy cream)
FOR THE STREUSEL TOPPING
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2FOR THE YAM FILLING ~ In a large bowl, mix yams, peaches, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract & milk (or cream), blending well.
- 3Pour filling into casserole dish.
- 4FOR THE STREUSEL TOPPING ~ In a bowl, mix softened butter, flour, brown sugar & nuts, stirring until crumbly.
- 5Sprinkle topping evenly over yams & bake 30 minutes, or until slightly bubbly.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yams With Streusel Topping
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.2
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 69.1 mg
- Sodium 30.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 4.2 g