Recipe by The Tiny Chef
Since it's nearing the holiday season, I thought I would post a twist on the traditional Thanksgiving favorite. Source: www.whfoods.com
Top Review by Enjolinfam
YUMMY Yams! I followed the recipe exact except I used black pepper instead of white. Wonderful blend of flavors! I wish I had gotten a picture of this but I had guests around when I was cooking it and everyone gobbled it up to fast! Still, I'm hoping to make this again soon and I'll try to take a picture then. Made for veg*n swap 2.
- 6 cups yams, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 medium onion, cut in half and sliced thin
- 4 medium garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth or 1 tablespoon vegetable broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare vegetables.
- Heat 1 tbs broth in a 12-inch or larger stainless steel skillet. Sauté onion over medium heat for 5 minutes stirring frequently. Add garlic and ginger and continue to sauté for another minute stirring constantly.
- Add yams, cinnamon, honey, and broth. Mix and simmer over low heat covered for about 15 minutes, or until yams are tender. Season with salt and pepper.