Recipe by Elizabeth H.
Just right for the holidays! Serve this delicious, pretty yam dish and your friends will think you're a gourmet chef. Hint: It's really easy to prepare! Tested at high altitude.
- 2 medium yams
- 1 cup orange juice (freshly squeezed or canned/reconstituted)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake yams (skin on) at 350-degrees until tender when pierced with fork (approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour).
- Remove from oven and wrap in damp paper towel.
- Increase oven temperature to 450-degrees.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Peel off skin.
- Slice yams into 1/2" thick rounds.
- (For extra-nice presentation, after you've cut the rounds, use a cookie cutter to create scalloped edges or fancy shapes.) Place yam slices in a shallow baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and pour orange juice over all.
- Mix nutmeg with brown sugar and sprinkle atop each slice.
- Top each slice with finely chopped pecans.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes, or until the sugar is melted and pecans slightly toasted.
- Serve immediately.